26 February 2021 Design Automation
The ESP32-S2-Kaluga-1 kit v1.3 is a development kit by Espressif Systems that was mainly created to demonstrate the ESP32-S2 Wi-Fi microcontroller’s human-computer interaction functionalities, and to provide users with the tools for developing human-computer interaction applications based on the ESP32-S2.
There are many ways in which the ESP32-S2’s functionalities can be used. For starters, the possible use cases may include:
• Smart home: From the simplest smart lighting, smart door locks, smart sockets, to video streaming devices, security cameras, OTT devices, and home appliances.
• Battery-powered equipment: Wi-Fi mesh sensor networks, Wi-Fi-networked toys, wearable devices, health management equipment.
• Industrial automation equipment: Wireless control and robot technology, intelligent lighting, HVAC control equipment, etc.
• Retail and catering industry: POS machines and service robots.
The ESP32-S2-Kaluga-1 main board is the heart of the kit. It integrates the ESP32-S2-WROVER module and all the connectors for extension boards. This board is the key tool in prototyping human-computer interaction interfaces.
The ESP32-S2-Kaluga-1 board has connectors for boards with:
• Extension header (ESP-LyraT-8311A, ESP-LyraP-LCD32).
• Camera header (ESP-LyraP-CAM).
• Touch FPC connector (ESP-LyraP-TouchA).
• LCD FPC connector.
• I2C FPC connector.